Saturday, February 26, 2005

Writing is hard!

I'm working on my first annual review as a librarian, and it's turning out to be quite a challenge. In my old job, I had to write annual reviews as well, but these were intended solely for my supervisor and library administration. My librarian review has to go through a peer review process that determines a final performance rating that establishes how much of a raise I'll get for the next fiscal year. Therefore I need to write the review such that it clearly portrays to librarians who don't deal daily with digital library issues the importance of the work I do, and that I'm good at it. I've never been all that good at explaining what I do to other people - I guess I just figure since I realize it's important, everyone else should too. But of course I know that's not true. I've decided my best approach is to treat this like a learning experience. OK, enough ranting - back to work on the review!


musica said...

Great blog it really nice. To learn more about blogger visit
search engine position The best search engine position

Steve Austin said...

Informative blog. I have a cgi post xml blog.